What to Expect and Bring
It is our goal to make sure your experience while at St. Dominic Hospital is a positive one. From the minute you enter our Admissions office until you are discharged and assisted to your car with all your belongings, we will strive to provide you with an exceptional encounter.
Your physician should be very involved with your admission process. He or she will let you know about any restrictions you should follow and will provide you with any additional information you need the day before you are admitted. If you haven’t heard from your physician’s office, please call them and ask for any necessary instructions.
In an effort to make your admissions process faster, we have provided an option for you to complete pre-registration either online or over the phone. Whether you are here for an outpatient procedure (going home the same day) or will be staying as an inpatient, pre-registration allows us to begin the paperwork for your admission and will likely eliminate several steps in the process. However, we will still need to gather additional information and get your signature on a number of items once you arrive.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Insurance card(s) including any secondary insurance cards or Medicare Advantage cards.
- Your driver’s license or other type of photo ID will be required to validate your insurance.
- A list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking.
- Any paperwork your physician has instructed you to bring.
If you are being admitted as an inpatient, remember to bring:
- A set of comfortable clothes (if you don’t need to be in a hospital gown)
- Personal care items
You will also be asked about your preference for settling your hospital bill before you are discharged. Our business office professionals will be glad to assist you in determining your options.