Giving Back To St. Dominic
Our special team of volunteers is made up of committed men and women who provide valuable services to the staff, patients and visitors at St. Dominic’s. Volunteering gives those interested in contributing to the welfare of the hospital and the community an outlet to serve in a variety of roles and activities within our organization. Our volunteers are committed to the St. Dominic’s healing mission and ministry. Many of our volunteers have served St. Dominic’s for over ten years.
Volunteers are called on to help with a variety of duties and activities that assist our visitors, patient family members and hospital staff. We are always interested in cheerful and willing people who can answer phones, direct visitors, staff waiting rooms, prepare information packets, deliver mail and other behind the scene efforts.
Many of our volunteers have retired from exciting and rewarding careers and they are anxious to keep busy. They have chosen to give back to the community by contributing their time to the hospital.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Fulfillment from giving back
- A free meal once a day at St. Dominic’s on the day of volunteering
- Fellowship with other volunteers; meeting new people
- A rewarding activity that keeps you active
- An opportunity to learn new skills
- Annual awards and recognition
- Free membership to New Directions (for those 55+)
- Free annual flu shot
- 10% discount at Farlow’s Pharmacy
- Discounted membership at The Club at St. Dominic’s
- Tax deductible mileage
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and must go through our detailed training and orientation process. If you are interested in becoming a St. Dominic volunteer, or you would just like more information, please call (601) 200-6739. The Volunteer Office is located on the first floor of the main hospital near the South Lobby entrance.