The Oakes at St. Dominic’s Behavioral Health Services provides compassionate care for those with psychiatric conditions secondary to a cognitive disorder such as dementia and those suffering from depression or other acute mental illnesses. The patients of The Oakes experience a secure environment, designed mindfully for those suffering from severe depression which may also include a diagnosis of dementia. We use proven methods to help patients such as social group interaction, reality orientation, sensory stimulation, recreation and self-expression.
When a person becomes disoriented, confused and agitated or is exhibiting moderate to severe neurocognitive functional impairment (excluding brain injury or mental retardation) it is time to call one of our counselors for an assessment. The Oakes is designed to treat those with or without concurrent medical issues and also those who need more time getting around because of physical challenges.
If you would like an assessment please call 601-200-3090 or 1-800-632-5907 or email email@example.com.
- Suicidal thoughts
- Plans for suicide
- Severe depression
- Homicidal thoughts
- Homicidal plans
- Delusional or paranoid thoughts
- Loss of interest or inability to care for themselves
- Dementia with psychiatric issues
- PCA pumps
- Blood, Heparin or insulin infusions
- Mentally disabled persons whose behavior is not due to psychiatric issues
- Homeless and seeking shelter
- Patients requiring intensive medical/nursing care, are bed bound and are unable to take an active part in treatment
- Chronic Illness or a stage of dementia that an inpatient stay will not improve the course of patients illness