The Oncology Rehab team at St. Dominic’s Outpatient Rehab provides effective treatment by experienced occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech therapists on an individualized one-on-one basis.
This program is beneficial to any survivor with a cancer diagnosis who is experiencing:
- lymphedema/swelling of a limb
- decreased strength and/or endurance
- decreased balance/coordination
- difficulty walking
- history of falls
- range of motion limitations
- decreased ability to complete daily tasks
- pain as a result of musculoskeletal dysfunction
- loss of shoulder motion post mastectomy
Certified lymphedema therapists are available to provide those patients who have lymphedema and/or chronic swelling with Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT). This treatment technique consists of manual lymph drainage (MLD), compression bandages, skin care, education, exercise, & other specialized techniques.