St. Dominic's Sports Medicine: Creating Healthy Athletes
From pulled muscles to broken bones, athletic injuries can be difficult – especially for high school players who may not have experience caring for injuries. Established in 2009, St. Dominic’s Sports Medicine program is a unique and valuable community program which provides Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs) to local high schools at no cost to the schools. The program is designed to create a safe, yet competitive environment for athletes while upholding St. Dominic Hospital’s Christian mission of healing and emphasis on communication, community and service.
About St. Dominic's Sports Medicine
St. Dominic’s Sports Medicine provides injury prevention, risk management, injury recognition, evaluation and treatment to several local schools. We also offer educational opportunities, teaching students, parents and coaches about the latest in management of athletic injuries and overall healthy lifestyle choices that promote the overall health and wellness of the athlete.
Services Offered to Participating Schools
• Practice and Game Coverage with Certified Athletic Trainers
• Pre-participation Sports Physicals
• Saturday Morning Injury Clinic During Football Season
• Physician/Certified Athletic Trainer Coverage at Athletic Events
• Educational Meetings and Seminars Including CPR/AED Training
• Access to St. Dominic’s Services and Facilities
Sports Medicine Staff
- Matt Weisenberger, Certified Athletic Trainer and program coordinator, has over 17 years of experience in athletic training.
- Cody Garcia, Certified Athletic Trainer, holds a certification as a strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He is a 2007 graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Ricky Clark, Certified Athletic Trainer, is a 2010 graduate of Delta State University's Athletic Training Education program.
- Nicole Smith, Certified Athletic Trainer, received her degree from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2009.
- Katie Reed, Certified Athletic Trainer, is a recent graduate of Northern Michigan University.
For more information about St. Dominic's Sports Medicine, contact Matt Weisenberger at 601.200.6088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.