Having a Baby at St. Dominic’s
Whether you’re thinking about having a baby or are already pregnant, one of the many decisions you will be making is where to deliver. At St. Dominic’s, every birth is unique and every life is sacred.
As you begin to prepare for your new baby, we are here to support you throughout your pregnancy, delivery and even with newborn care. St. Dominic’s understands that your childbirth experience is a physical, emotional and spiritual process. We hope you will come visit with our experienced team of maternal/newborn educators, nurses and support staff. We’ll be happy to talk with you, take you on a tour of our beautiful labor, delivery and postpartum and recovery suites and show you our newborn nursery and postpartum rooms.
Our staff is here to cater to you and your baby. As members of your personal health care team, we are here to assist you in planning a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. To arrange a tour, call one of us today. During your visit, we can enroll you in one of our many childbirth classes and answer any questions you may have.
Speak with one of our Maternal/Newborn Educators:
Retta Boyd – (601) 200-6934
Gidget King – (601) 200-5995
Where to Find Us
When it’s time to go to the hospital, here’s what you need to know:
- Exit from Interstate 55 west or east at Exit 98 (Lakeland Drive).
- Enter St. Dominic’s campus by turning left off of Lakeland just under the second skywalk.
- Drive around to the South side and park in the Maternal/Newborn care parking spaces. Enter the hospital at the South entrance and go to the elevators. You’ll see them on the left after you enter.
- Take the elevator to the fifth floor and go to Maternal/Newborn Center.
- After hours, go directly to St. Dominic’s Emergency Department (North Entrance).