St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital (St. Dominic Hospital), a 571-bed acute care facility in Jackson, Miss., traces its history to 1946, when the Dominican Sisters of Springfield, Ill., purchased the Jackson Infirmary in the center of the city. The infirmary was the foundation for a health system that today includes the acute care hospital, a continuing care community, and a full range of outpatient and community services. St. Dominic Hospital employees contribute to community member welfare not only through the provision of health services but also via voluntary community service and by employee funded charitable contributions to many local organizations in need.
St. Dominic’s seeks to fulfill its mission by establishing community and performing service in the name of Jesus Christ. That means giving of time, talents, and resources to make our communities better places to live. The St. Dominic’s family of caregivers not only serves patients, but also contributes to an atmosphere of care and compassion for those outside the hospital’s walls. St. Dominic’s strives to not only provide care for the sick but also to offer education and wellness services to the community in order to improve the health status of those around us and eliminate risk factors for more serious health problems.