Get a Heart Health Check-Up
St. Dominic’s offers ways to help you take control of your heart health. Take action today.
Healthy Heart Screening
Participate in St. Dominic’s Healthy Heart program for a $99 heart risk assessment. Find out if you are at risk for heart disease with a complete assessment that includes:
- A calcium score – HeartSaver CT scan (non-invasive)
- A lipid panel: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and glucose
- An electrocardiogram (ECG)
- A peripheral vascular assessment
- A blood pressure evaluation
- A stroke risk assessment
- A body composition: Body Mass Index (BMI)
- A nutritional consult
- A consult with a cardiac nurse
Family Medicine Clinics
When was the last time you had a complete health physical? If it has been a year or longer, contact one of our neighborhood Family Medicine Clinics to schedule your appointment today. Our physicians are ready to serve your health needs in our Madison, Flowood, Clinton, Brandon and Raleigh locations.
Healthy Weight Advantage
Being overweight, even by a few pounds, can have negative effects on your heart health. St. Dominic’s offers a medically based weight loss and management program for individuals needing to lose from 10 to 200 pounds.
According to the American Heart Association
- Cardiovascular disease claims one life every 39 seconds
- If your parent or sibling has been diagnosed with coronary heart or vascular disease it doubles your chances of the same diagnosis
- Every year heart disease kills more people than cancer or HIV
There is strength in numbers.
Do you know yours?
St. Dominic’s is committed to reducing heart disease in Mississippi and our Healthy Heart Program is one way we are helping people know if they are at risk for heart and vascular disease or heart attack.
Call 601-200-8000 to schedule an appointment.
“I was so excited to know St. D offered couples screening. My husband would not have went unless we went together. Thanks so much for giving us a peace of mind. It was a great experience.”
“I would like to commend Leigh Gault for her role in my visit. She was knowledgeable, kind and very patient in answering my questions. I am grateful for her leadership and assisting in this matter. She represents the St. Dominic system in an exemplary manner.”
“Beating heart disease is on my top 10 bucket list. This screening helped me learn about and better understand my risk factors; and what to do to protect my heart. It affirmed that I am headed in the right direction. Thanks, St D.”