Ornish Reversal Programwebmin
Dr. Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease®
Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation for those who want to significantly improve their lives.
Welcome to a whole new way of living – one that will take commitment from you, but can FINALLY help you feel better, younger and more active.
St. Dominic’s is proud to be the first hospital in the South to offer the Dr. Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease®, the only scientifically proven program to stop the progression and even reverse the effects of heart disease.
This nationally recognized program has been so effective in undoing years of damage to the heart that Medicare made the decision to cover it under a new benefit category—intensive cardiac rehabilitation—making it the first integrative medicine of its kind to receive this level of support.
Call 601-200-2742 to talk with someone from our Ornish Reversal Team.
Eligible Medicare beneficiaries will have experienced one or more of the following:
- Acute Myocardial infarction within the last 12 months (Heart Attack)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Current Stable Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (Balloon) or Coronary Stenting
- Heart or Heart-Lung Transplant
- When added to current therapies, treatments and medication the Dr. Dean Ornish Program has been proven to reduce the number of daily medications needed to manage heart disease and reduces the likelihood for repeat procedures.
As a means of prevention…
The Ornish Reversal Program® is also a powerful option for people with risk factors for heart disease (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity).
Participants experience the Ornish Reversal Program as a consistent group of 12-15 participants – all of which have the common goal of reversing their heart disease and improving their well-being. This 72-hour outpatient program provides participants with support from an expert team that focuses of four elements of your life.
- What you eat
- How much activity you have
- How you respond to stress
- How much love and support you have
This proven, non-invasive program consists of 18, four-hour sessions focused on comprehensive lifestyle changes in four equally weighted elements: personalized nutrition, exercise, group support and stress management.
18 Sessions x 4 hours per session = You feeling better, Younger and More Active
The simplest answer is because you will experience amazing results. The Ornish approach may help you:
- Reduce the number of medications you put into your body. While medications can be helpful, long term use may have a negative impact on your body.
- Experience delicious heart-healthy, plant based meals and discover how to prepare them at home.
- Move naturally and build up to eventual moderate aerobic activity. The health benefits of exercise are many from stress reduction to lowering blood pressure – all of which make for a healthier heart and arteries.
- When you have a support system of those with similar experiences, you are likely to not only be happier from making the social connections, but you also will create lifetime bonds.
Stop Chest Pain. Halt the Progression of Disease in Your Body.
Start Feeling Better by Changing Your Life.