- Cardiac Rehabilitation exercise program designed to strengthen your heart and body
- The Ornish diet is rated #1 for Heart Health by US News & World Report
- Nutrition Counseling by a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist
- Nutrition classes on mindful eating, dining out, reading food labels, grocery shopping, meal planning and more
- Cooking demonstrations to teach you how to prepare delicious, heart healthy meals at home
- Stress Management classes teach techniques that reduce stress, promote relaxation, and improve blood pressure and sleep
- Group Support sessions provide the emotional support and connection you need to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
Benefits of the Ornish Cardiac Rehab Program
- Decrease chest pain and shortness of breath
- Weight loss
- Lengthen life span
- Decrease risk for future heart problems or heart surgery
- Lower cholesterol
- Improve blood pressure
- Improved diabetes and blood sugar control
- Reduce the need for medications
- Turn off the genes that promote diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
Who is eligible for the Ornish Cardiac Rehab Program?
Anyone with one of the following diagnoses:
- Chest pain with stable angina
- Angioplasty or stent
- Heart attack within last 12 months
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Heart transplant
The Ornish Cardiac Rehab Experience
Medicare and private insurances will cover 18 total, 4-hour sessions over a period of 9 weeks. Each session will include 1 hour each of cardiac rehab exercise, stress management, nutrition and group support.
Almost 90% of the people who enroll in this 9-week program are still following it one year later. In contrast, only 30-50% of people prescribed cholesterol-lowering drugs are still taking them after only six months. Why? Because most people feel so much better, so quickly, it reframes the reason for making these changes from fear of dying to joy of living!