St. Dominic’s Diagnostic Imaging Services blends state-of-the-art imaging systems with the extensive, advanced skills of highly trained healthcare professionals. Staffed with some of the most highly trained radiologists in the area and a complete range of technologists and clinicians, St. Dominic’s Diagnostic Imaging Services employs the most recent advancements in medical imaging to diagnose and treat patients. Our radiologists include board-certified, sub-specialty and fellowship trained physicians. Our CT techs are all sub-specialty certified as well.
With a commitment to providing patients with the latest in medical and diagnostic imaging, St. Dominic Diagnostic Imaging Services remains at the forefront of technical excellence.
St. Dominic’s Diagnostic Imaging Department is located on the first floor of the hospital near the South Lobby entrance. We also have two other imaging locations for your convenience:
– Center for Women’s Health– located in the Dominican Plaza on the 5th floor. Call 601-200-4935 to schedule an appointment or learn more. Click here for more information.
– Madison Medical Imaging – located in the St. Dominic’s Medical Arts building on Highland Colony Parkway in Madison (106 Highland Way, Suite 100, Madison, MS 39110). Call 601-853-9149 to schedule an appointment or learn more.
- Digital Mammography
- Cardiac Scoring
- Computerized Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- PET Scanning
- Ultrasound Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Uterine Fibroids
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Protosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Dedicated system for Breast MRI imaging and intervention breast studies
- Ease of access for biopsies including chest wall lesions
- Patient comfort with options of arms at side or above the head
- Ability to accommodate larger patients and breast sizes
- Outstanding image quality •
- The ability to identify up to 95% of invasive breast cancers
- Distinguishes malignancies from healthy tissue more clearly,
- Identifies implant complications or ruptures•
- Offers a higher sensitivity than routine mammograms and ultrasounds
- No compression of the breast tissue•
- Effectively images dense breast tissue
- Detects any remaining cancer after a lumpectomy
- Helps determine whether a lumpectomy or a mastectomy is the best treatment
- No radiation to patients•
- High risk patients with a family history of breast cancer or personal history of breast cancer
Computed Tomography (CT):
- GE HD750
- GE Lightspeed VCT
- Siemens Somatom Flash
- Siemens Somatom AS128+
- Ability to image at 0.625mm slice thickness
- Short scan times
- ASIR/SAFIRE – reduces radiation exposure levels up to 50 percent and maintains image clarity
- Cardiac and Coronary Vessel analysis
- Coronary Calcium Scoring
- Less patient stress and less time needed for breath holds
- Full CT Angiography coverage
- 3-D images
- Stroke assessment with brain perfusion
- Inner ear ailments
- Image gentle protocols for pediatric patients
- Faster, more accurate scanning
- Higher-speed scanning for clearer, sharper images with fewer motion artifacts
- Oncology Care
- Latest in ultra high-speed MRI computer processing
- Limit image reconstruction time
- Increase throughput and volume•
- Augments 3 existing 1.5T scanners to provide same service in most cases
- Head, neck and spine coil–perform scans on these areas without moving the patient.
- Non-contrast–enhanced MRA application that is robust and fast. It can utilize in Renal, Femoral and Tibialarteries in less than 5 minutes. It benefits patients in various levels of renal failure who cannot receive Gadolinium contrast media.
- Ideal is an option used to overcome one of the toughest MRI challenges-metallic implants. It also ensures consistent, uniform fat suppression every time.
For more information about St. Dominic’s Diagnostic Imaging Services, call (601)200-6150.