St. Dominic’s Mississippi Center for Robotic Surgery offers patients the very best in minimally invasive, robotic surgery. Our team of surgeons and staff has been performing robotic assisted surgery since 2005 and has a combined experience of 170 years in providing patients procedures in this type of setting.
Robotic assisted surgery simply means that a surgeon can perform what were once complicated surgeries with long recovery periods through smaller incisions which offer faster recovery. A surgeon sits at a computer console that provides her a clearer view of the patient’s anatomy which normally can’t be seen with naked eye. From this console she controls robotic devices that have a wider range of motion and are more flexible than the human wrist and fingers.
With better vision and added range of motion most patients experience benefits of robotic surgery such as:
- Less pain after surgery
- Faster recoveries and return to normal routines
- Less scarring – if any
- And in most cases, better outcomes
Robotic assisted surgery can mean as little as one, two or three small incisions. Some procedures, like hysterectomies, used to be done through large (open) incisions but can now be done through a single incision for qualified candidates.
St. Dominic’s uses the da Vinci Surgical System, which is the most dependable and advanced equipment available for our patients
If you need any of the following procedures call tell your physician you would like your surgery scheduled at the St. Dominic’s Mississippi Center for Robotic Surgery
- Gynecological procedures such as hysterectomy, oophorectomy, myomectomy, sacrocolpopexy, ovarian cystectomy, endometriosis resection and salpingectomy
- General procedures like colon resections, ventral hernias, inguinal hernias, Nissen fundoplications, hiatal hernias, cholecystectomies
- Urological procedures such as prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, adrenalectomy and pyeloplasty